- Ineractive map
- Areal view
The square is situated right in the center of Jelsa. It slowly developed from the XVI ct. to the beginning of the XX ct. On the west side of the square there is a natural water spring, Slatina, which has been used by the local inhabitants since ancient times.
In order to let the surplus water from the Slatina spring flow into the sea, a brook was created in 1847. In 1934, a fountain was built in the middle of the Square.